Sunday, March 4, 2018

Elm stylish-elephants package upgrade experience

I have been using an experimental Elm language package called stylish-elephants in side projects.

The package author is moving closer to a release that will be the next version of Style-Elements, so I upgraded to the latest version in my side projects in no time at all and with little effort.

I changed the dependency, ran the compiler which identified all of the areas where the upgrade affected my project code. Then, it was a simple as looking at the change log and the searching the new package docs for the new features and deleting and replacing code.

The updated projects are:

  1. jbrgfx.github.io
  2. elm-filtered-list
  3. github-stylish-elephants-search
  4. responsive-filtered-list
  5. responsive-stylish-elephants

All my stylish-elephants experiments are indexed on a Github project homepage

The combination of a developer friendly compiler and documentation of each type signature that a package provides, makes Elm refactoring so easy it is almost fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment